Monday, June 21, 2010

Post Partum Depression (PPD)

Most of you that know me know that I have had some issues with PPD. I was not for sure what was going on until I went to see my OBGYN after we came home from the hospital. I was never violent. I was just so emotional and was not for sure why I even wanted to have a baby to begin with. It was probably all the emotions of being a new parent plus other things.

So when I went to the doctor I was put on Zoloft. I could tell by the end of the week that I was feeling better. Much better! Well, i decided a week ago that I wanted to see if I was able to get off the Zoloft. The nurse told me how to ween myself off it. So I just finished week one and let me tell you I have had a headache every day. I hope this week is much better.

I can tell that I feel fine. Other than the headache that is non stop. I am more comfortable with motherhood. I am able to get up and get the day started. I thought it would be so hard but after a day or two its just habit. I love Cole with all my heart and would not change a thing. I had a wonderful experience with my pregnancy and birth. I just could not believe that I was having these thoughts and feelings. I am so glad now that I am better. I love coming home to a face that is so full of sunshine. He brightens my day no matter what is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment